Annotated Bibliography Writing Service
Common in college and university writing, annotated bibliographies are basically a list of citations to books, articles, and documents (the bibliography) each of which are followed by a short descriptive evaluation (the annotation). The main purpose of an annotated bibliography is to inform the reader of the relevance, accuracy and quality of the reference sources cited. Annotated bibliographies are unique in that they are both descriptive and critical assessments of the source material; they reflect the author’s own views on the quality, relevance and authority of the works referenced.
Students are required to prepare their annotated bibliographies before writing their papers. Preparing an annotated bibliography in advance is a good way of becoming familiar with the source material you plan to use for your paper. Students who display a strong understanding of their sources in the annotated bibliography typically write better papers deserving of higher grades. Another big reason why students are required to write annotated bibliographies is to demonstrate that they have actually read through the source material they plan on citing. Writing an annotated bibliography is a great way to prepare for writing a lengthy academic paper.
The advantages of writing an annotated bibliography are:
- They encourage students to exercise their critical thinking skills when it comes to assessing source material and applying that material in their own research and ideas.
- Gives students a way to prove to their professors that they have read and understand their sources.
- An annotated bibliography establishes a student’s completed paper as a valid academic source in its own right.
- Provides a way to judge the worthiness or relevancy of a particular source material for the assignment at hand.
- Gives students compiling the annotated bibliography an insight into what it takes to work as a researcher in a particular field of study.
A good annotated bibliography will include the following elements:
- Bibliography that follows the appropriate citation style used by your institute, e.g. MLA, APA, Chicago, Harvard, Turabian, etc.
- A brief but clear explanation of the purpose of the bibliography that demonstrates the student’s familiarity and understanding of all the sources listed.
- A brief critique on the worth, effectiveness and usefulness of the source cited as it relates to the student’s own project.
- An understanding of the point of view of the source material; the student must show that he or she understands and appreciates the biases and viewpoints of the authors whose works are referenced.
- Relevant links to sources that have opposing views or highlight different aspects to the student’s own project.
Our team at Sliqessays understands the importance of writing a good bibliography. The annotated bibliography forms the foundation of any lengthy academic paper and is often the basis by which a student’s paper will be judged. Sliqessays offers students a wide range of custom-written academic writing services, including annotated bibliographies. We draw from our pool of high experienced academic writers who are experts at writing annotated bibliographies in several different research paper formats. Our writers work closely with all our clients in order to gain as much input as they can when writing their paper and bibliography.
Contact Sliqessays today to learn more about our essay paper, research paper, term paper and annotated bibliography writing service. We cover all academic levels ranging from the Masters and undergraduate to PhDs. Unlike most of our competitors we guarantee 100% plagiarism-free work delivered on time.